Recent Forum Postings
5 weeks 1 day ago
7 weeks 1 day ago
13 weeks 3 days ago
New Classified Ads
Why Can't I Download or Print the Journal?
In the recent re-design of the Society's website, there was much discussion around the issue of the availability of the journal at the site, and how best to provide our members with the information they would like to use and browse in the most accessible way, without creating unnecessary risks for the Society, its authors and contributors.
Not to engage in a lengthy recounting of every part of the debate, but part of the issues were copyright related. In some cases, the Society has very limited authority with respect to publishing the submissions of our authors, and in other cases, particularly the submissions to early issues, the work is not yet in the public domain. Interestingly, in other cases we had several authors who were extremely sensitive to the inclusion of images of objects they own, and concern over those images being replicated without permission.
The solution reached, after much thoughtful discussion, was that we would make all the issues of Paper Money available "behind the firewall" to our members only. Since membership has its privileges, we felt that the ability to access any article online, at any time, much as a library would work, made the most sense, protecting our authors' and members' interests.
More like this...
- Why doesn't the journal appear in the Scribd window on the journal page?
- SPMC Journal Now Available for Download
- A Brief History of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- History Of The Bureau Of Engraving And Printing
- The History of Printing in America
- Understanding the Face Printing of 1935 Silver Certificates?
- Re: Understanding the Face Printing of 1935 Silver Certificates?
- The Essay-Proof Journal, Vol. 21 No. 2, Whole No. 82, Spring 1964
- The Essay-Proof Journal, Vol. 21 No. 3, Whole No. 83, Summer 1964
- The Essay-Proof Journal, Vol. 21 No. 4, Whole No. 84, Fall 1964