Recent Forum Postings
New Classified Ads
Abraham Lincoln: The Image of His Greatness
Whitman Publishing, LLC, $29.95. Hardcover, xi+272 pages, full color.
Fred Reed's book explores the popular depiction of Lincoln as "ideal, idol, and icon." The martyred president is seen on coins, tokens, medals, postage stamps, and paper money - and also in oil paintings, magazine covers, popular advertisements, political cartoons, and other diverse media. The book is beautifully illustrated in full color, with hundreds of private and public images.Tweet
More like this...
- The William Kelly Confederate Paper Money Sale – The Main Body of His Collection
- The Lincoln National Bank of the City of New York (copy)
- Posting Tip: You can include multiple images in a single post
- Money in Great Britain and Ireland
- John Davenport and his Merchant Scrip (article)
- History of Banks for Savings in Great Britain and Ireland (no date; c. 1970)
- Oregon National Currency, Images & Signature Statistics
- Happy Birthday Mr. Lincoln!
- Lincoln Portraits on State Bank Notes, College Currency and Scrip
- Report of the Auditor General on the Finances of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the Year Ending November 30, 1851