Recent Forum Postings
New Classified Ads
Confederate Issuers Of Train And Hoer Notes
A new book for the collector of Confederate Treasury notes which will revolutionize the perception of the military and civil endorsements on the backs of Confederate T-39, T-40, and T-41 interest-bearing $100 notes. This book identifies the military Quartermasters and Commissaries of Subsistence who used these interest-bearing notes to purchase supplies for the Confederate war effort. The book also identifies many of the civil agents who disbursed these notes for the Confederate Treasury Department. Data were gathered as a group effort by the members of the Trainmen, and this new information is now available to all collectors. Rich historical data and anecdotes are provided for many of the endorsers of these notes. Full images of the front and back of each note are provided, allowing the collector to quickly identify these signatures. The appendix is rich in detail, including essays on the classification of these endorsements. 6 x 9 inch format, 288 pages, most in full color. Confederate Money 7.3% Train and Hoer Notes, $49.Tweet
More like this...
- Civil War Stamp Envelopes, Their Issuers and Their Times. Book Review by Benny Bolin
- Civil War Stamp Envelopes: The Issuers and Their Times
- Catalogue of Confederate and Southern States Currency with Historical Notes
- MDescriptive Catalogue of Confederate Notes and Bond for Sale by John W. Haseltine
- Confederate Type 1-4 (Montgomery) and T-27 and T-35 census count
- The "finest" Confederate note?
- Confederate Treasury Notes
- The Signers of Confederate Treasury Notes 1861-'65. A Catalog of their Signatures
- Looking for "The Signers of Confederate Treasury Notes 1861-'65. A Catalog of their Signatures" book.
- Confederate Bonds and Certificates (pamphlet)