New SPMC Exhibit Class and Award Structures
The SPMC Awards/Exhibit Committee has made the following changes to the SPMC Exhibit Award Program, which were approved by the Board and will be instituted at the 2019 KC IPMS.
A Five-Class Exhibit award structure as follows:
- Federal Issues (Large Size; Small Size; Fractional)
- Non-Federal Issues (Obsolete Paper Money, Colonial Paper Money, Confederate States of America Issues, Depression Scrip all eras)
- National Bank Notes – all types; all periods
- World Paper Money (including Canada and Mexico)
- Related Fiscal Items (Checks, Bonds, Stocks, MPC, Ephemera such as post cards and advertising, literature)
Certificates will be awarded as follows:
- 1st Place SPMC Exhibit Award
- 2nd Place SPMC Exhibit Award
- Certificate of Appreciation for all exhibitors
Financial Awards will also be instituted as follows:
- First Place in all five classes: $100 Cash
- Second Place in all five classes: $50 Cash (if awarded)
- Best of Show $250 Cash
- First Place Single Case Exhibit: $25 (not eligible for Best of Show award)
- Judges will use a custom-made SPMC standard Judge Rating Sheet.
- A minimum of 3 Judges will be selected for the event if available (exceptions may be made by the President or Vice President based on personnel availability)
- Judges will be SPMC members in good standing and selected by the President or Vice President.
- A minimum score (the number to be determined) will be required to qualify for a First or Second Place Award.
- Best of Show will be awarding from the winners of each of the five First Place class winners.
- Each exhibit will be limited to seven (7) cases.
- If an exhibitor wants to do a larger exhibit, it will be considered a non-competitive exhibit and not eligible for awards.