Currency Coming and Going
- The International Paper Money Show is scheduling speaker presentations (Numismatic News).
- The Ephemera Society of America, Annual Conference and Fair, Old Greenwich, CT, March 14-17, 2019 (ESA).
- A Mint-state note from the Yucatan reveals its text (Bank Note Reporter, via Numismatic News).
- March 11, 1935, when Canada first issued truly 'Canadian" banknotes (RCI).
- When Marion, Kansas had its own currency (Marion County Record).
- "Patriotic money" of the Venetian Republic from 1848 (Geldscheine-Online, In German).
- BOOK: Kjell William Riebbe's Norwegian Banknotes Collection (Geldscheine-Online, in German). Book itself appears to be in Norwegian.
- "A world without cash" (CNBC).
- Philadelphia bans cashless stores (Philadelphia Inquirer). But could it backfire? (Quartz).
- Magical ATMs in Mexico dispense free money (Mexico News Daily).
- How Japan hopes to replace physical yen (Quartz). How currency use has disappeared in Sweden (The Guardian).
- The demise of the Totnes Pound (BBC).
- Belgian town partying like it's 1939 (Jewish Telegraphic Agency).
- Prospects for a Scottish currency (BBC).
- A U.S. $3 note proposed to honor "hero dogs" (Coin World).
- How India's currency has changed over five years (The Times of India).
- Did India's demonetization of high-value banknotes work? (BBC).
- "What would the Cypriot pound look like today?" (in-Cyprus).
- Cash blowing in the wind was meant to honor the dead (KTVU). It's an "Oakland thing."
- Queen Elizabeth II on currency, from 1951 to the present (Tom Chao).
- "The Mirage of a Global Euro" (EU Bulletin).
"Patriotic Money" of the Venetian Republic, 1848 (Geldscheine-Online)
The Business of Collecting
New Banknote Issues
About the Banknote Industry
Upcoming Industry Conferences
- High Security Printing-EMEA, Malta, March 25-27, 2019 (Reconnaissance).
- The Currency Conference, Dubai, UAE, April 7-11, 2019 (Currency Conference).
- High Security Printing-Latin America, San Jose, Costa Rica, June 3-5, 2019 (Reconnaissance).
- SecurityPrinters, Banknotes + Identity Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, October 23-25, 2019 (SecurityPrinters).
- The Holography Conference, Athens, Greece, November 14-15, 2019 (Reconnaissance).
- 15th Security Document Summit, Beijing, China, December 10-11, 2019 (SDS).
- World Banknote Summit, Prague, Czech Republic, February 24-26, 2020 (World Banknote Summit).
From the Annals of Crime
Websites to Like
- Paper Money Forum (Numismatic discussion threads)
- Newman Numismatic Portal (Digital numismatic library)
- Numismatic Bibliomania Society (Includes E-Sylum, the weekly online complement to the NBS's journal, The Asylum)
- The American Revenue Association (Hobby website).
- The American Historical Print Collectors Society (Hobby website).
- International Bank Note Society (useful features even for non-members).
- The Banknote Den (David Lok's website, with superb essays as well as a link to his book, The Many Faces of Money).
- The Higgins Museum (the one in Okoboji, IA, not Worcester, MA)
- Cigar History Museum's coupon gallery
- Boordgeld (Dutch ships' money)
- Depression Scrip (emergency money of the 1930s, and more)
- The Currency Collector (more good essays by John Sandrock).
- Curious Banknotes (British Transition Towns, British 20th century vouchers, Micronations).
- COINWeek (numismatic aggregator with some paper money content).
- MRI Bankers' Guide (for its updates of new banknotes).
- Mujand (fantasy banknote maker).
- Alternative Banknotes and Coins (Alternatehistory). Fantasy thread.
- Stane Straus's Polymer Banknotes of the World
- Banknote News (roundup of news and promotional website for The Banknote Book).
- Tom Chao (collector's blog with active updates).
- Stevenbron Banknotes (collector's blog with active updates).
- Mintage World (online museum of Indian numismatics).
- Chattanooga Money (site details historical episodes in Chattanooga, Tennessee's monetary and banking history)
- My Georgia Collection (collector site devoted to "Georgia State Notes, Obsolete Currency, Bonds, and Alternative Scrip")
- Banknotesworld ("THE German-language Banknote forum") Discussion threads and more.
- Counting on Currency (Industry website).
- Kuster's Engineering (Company website). Your expert in currency disintegration.
- PYMNTS.com (Industry website).
- Currency Research (Industry website).
- International Banknote Designers Association (Industry website)
- International Association of Currency Affairs (Industry website).
- International Banknote Designers Association (Industry website).
- De La Rue (Company website).
- Secura Monde International (Company website). Good banknote news feed.
- Giesecke & Devrient (Company website).
- Patronus Systems (Company website).
- Our Passports (travel documents and other ephemera)
- Social Money (a Flickr album of photographs illustrating modern complementary currencies, heavy on Argentina).
- Library of Congress Prints & Photographs Online Catalog (search for banknotes etc.).
- Where's George? (currency tracking project).
- CoinsWeekly, especially its fine list of links to museums and other numismatic resources.
- Blog du CNA (Club Numismatique d'Argenteuil)
- French Banknotes of War (Collector's website). Abundant material in English and French.
- AFEP Association Française pour l'Étude du Papier-monnaie
- Monnaies Locales Complementaires
- Guild of Independent Currencies (promotes local currencies in the U.K.)
- Our Money (Eurozone currency).
- The Ephemera Society of America (Hobby website, with archived articles on ephemera topics)
- Fictional currency galleries (Deviant Art).
- Pakistani Currency