Currency Coming and Going
- The steps by which U.S. currency was made, 1877 (Bank Note Reporter, via Numismatic News). Full of details, highly interesting.
- In numismatics, variety can be the spice of life (Bank Note Reporter, via Numismatic News).
- Ten expensive banknotes (Value Walk).
- The McCartney National Bank of Green Bay (Numismatic Notebook, via E-Sylum).
- Paying prisoners of war in the United States (Numismatic Notebook, via E-Sylum).
- Malaysia's RM50 notes aren't going anywhere (World of Buzz).
- To promote greater school funding, British parents are encouraged to create £500 notes online, with their children's portraits, to send to Prime Minister Theresa May (ITV News).
- Zambia threatens to crank up the printing press (The Mast).
- Keeping it riel in Cambodia (The Phnom Penh Post).
- Google to the Ghanaian Cedi: Oops, sorry (CNN).
- "How RMB Records China's Progress" (People).
- A wallet designed to help the visually-impaired identify their banknotes (South China Morning Post).
- More Venezuelan banknote handicrafts (AA).
- State Bank of Pakistan and the blind don't see eye-to-eye (Daily TImes).
- Keeping abreast of where Malawian women store their money (Malawi24).
- Singapore issues replica banknotes to commemorate its bicentennial (Straits Times).
- How to carry a million dollars, suitcase edition (Komando). Short instructional video. Hey, it's easy!
The Business of Collecting
International Paper Money Show, Kansas City 2019
New Banknote Issues
Banknote, Security Printing, and Cash Management Industries
Upcoming Industry Conferences
- High Security Printing-EMEA, Malta, March 25-27, 2019 (Reconnaissance).
- The Currency Conference, Dubai, UAE, April 7-11, 2019 (Currency Conference).
- High Security Printing-Latin America, San Jose, Costa Rica, June 3-5, 2019 (Reconnaissance).
- SecurityPrinters, Banknotes + Identity Conference, Copenhagen, Denmark, October 23-25, 2019 (SecurityPrinters).
- The Holography Conference, Athens, Greece, November 14-15, 2019 (Reconnaissance).
- 15th Security Document Summit, Beijing, China, December 10-11, 2019 (SDS).
- World Banknote Summit, Prague, Czech Republic, February 24-26, 2020 (World Banknote Summit).
From the Annals of Crime
"This is Kenya. Impossible is possible" (Kenyans).
Websites to Like
- Paper Money Forum (Numismatic discussion threads)
- Newman Numismatic Portal (Digital numismatic library)
- Numismatic Bibliomania Society (Includes E-Sylum, the weekly online complement to the NBS's journal, The Asylum)
- The American Revenue Association (Hobby website).
- The American Historical Print Collectors Society (Hobby website).
- International Bank Note Society (useful features even for non-members).
- The Banknote Den (David Lok's website, with superb essays as well as a link to his book, The Many Faces of Money).
- The Higgins Museum (the one in Okoboji, IA, not Worcester, MA)
- Cigar History Museum's coupon gallery
- Boordgeld (Dutch ships' money)
- Depression Scrip (emergency money of the 1930s, and more)
- The Currency Collector (more good essays by John Sandrock).
- Curious Banknotes (British Transition Towns, British 20th century vouchers, Micronations).
- COINWeek (numismatic aggregator with some paper money content).
- MRI Bankers' Guide (for its updates of new banknotes).
- Mujand (fantasy banknote maker).
- Alternative Banknotes and Coins (Alternatehistory). Fantasy thread.
- Stane Straus's Polymer Banknotes of the World
- Banknote News (roundup of news and promotional website for The Banknote Book).
- Tom Chao (collector's blog with active updates).
- Stevenbron Banknotes (collector's blog with active updates).
- Mintage World (online museum of Indian numismatics).
- Chattanooga Money (site details historical episodes in Chattanooga, Tennessee's monetary and banking history)
- My Georgia Collection (collector site devoted to "Georgia State Notes, Obsolete Currency, Bonds, and Alternative Scrip")
- Banknotesworld ("THE German-language Banknote forum") Discussion threads and more.
- Counting on Currency (Industry website).
- Kuster's Engineering (Company website). Your expert in currency disintegration.
- PYMNTS.com (Industry website).
- Currency Research (Industry website).
- International Banknote Designers Association (Industry website)
- International Association of Currency Affairs (Industry website).
- International Banknote Designers Association (Industry website).
- De La Rue (Company website).
- Secura Monde International (Company website). Good banknote news feed.
- Giesecke & Devrient (Company website).
- Patronus Systems (Company website).
- Our Passports (travel documents and other ephemera)
- Social Money (a Flickr album of photographs illustrating modern complementary currencies, heavy on Argentina).
- Library of Congress Prints & Photographs Online Catalog (search for banknotes etc.).
- Where's George? (currency tracking project).
- CoinsWeekly, especially its fine list of links to museums and other numismatic resources.
- Blog du CNA (Club Numismatique d'Argenteuil)
- French Banknotes of War (Collector's website). Abundant material in English and French.
- AFEP Association Française pour l'Étude du Papier-monnaie
- Monnaies Locales Complementaires
- Guild of Independent Currencies (promotes local currencies in the U.K.)
- Our Money (Eurozone currency).
- The Ephemera Society of America (Hobby website, with archived articles on ephemera topics)
- Fictional currency galleries (Deviant Art).
- Pakistani Currency