Depression Scrip is a branch of obsolete notes entailing the issue of emergency scrip during the Great Depression. It includes barter scrip -- payable for labor -- and stamp scrip, issued by local municipalities and paid off through a tax on the notes as they circulated.
More like this
- Michigan Depression Script of the 1930's (Numismatist reprint)
- Depression Scrip of the United States, Period of the 1930s; States A thru I
- Standard Catalog of Depression Scrip of the United States; The 1930s Including Canada and Mexico
- My 2017 Census on Web-Press Overprint Errors
- Remarks on the Manufacture of Bank Notes and Other Promises to Pay Addressed to the Bankers of the Southern Confederacy